Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Update on the boys

Okay once again Im a little behind but things are a little crazy as you can imagine. So lets see-where should I begin-Well our triplets finally got to come home-all together on Febuary 13th ! The NICU told us that Nicholas would be able to come home on Feb 11th and that Noah and Nathan could probably follow by the 13th however since we were staying at the hospital helping to care for the boys anyway they decided to watch over Nicholas for another day so that they could all come home together. All 3 boys were back to their birth weight when we were discharged and are now well on their way to 7 pounds! Its hard to believe that just 5 weeks ago they were these tiny little 4 pound preemie babies and now they are almost 7 pounds! All 3 babies came home on apnea monitors- Nicholas mainly has SVT episodes and not a low heartrate, Nathan has a lot of low heartrate alarms and Noah rarely has any alarms. I really hate all the wires but I know they are here to help ensure my babies keep breathing and hopefully help prevent any issues. I dont really mind the monitors at night-in fact they help me sleep better-kinda like an extra set of eyes...but I also cant wait to be able to carry my babies from room to room without a monitor in tow. Nicholas was also discharged from the NICU on heart medicine to hopefully help with his SVT issues-they also taught us how to handle an episode if he should have one at home...he saw his heart dr on the 16th of Feb and she said he was doing well and we hope he outgrows the issue. He has had a cpl minor episodes since weve been home-1 time we had to use ice to bring him out of it and another time he had to visit the er to get in under control-we believe the last one was due to him gaining weight and needing his meds upped cause since that trip to the er and the new dose we have been episode free! All 3 boys also meet their new ped. On Feb 18th and she said they were all looking great. They are all growing wonderful and dont need to go back until their 2 month check up. We are still sstuck in the house until the risk of rsv is down-its no fun not being able to go places but it is kinda nice to not have to worry about packing all the kids up to go places right now-its kind of relaxing in a way. We did get to go on our first walk in our strollers the other day since the temps were finally up-it felt so good to get out of the house and get some air and the babies really seemed to like the walk as well-the slept the entire time!
So today was our due date 3/8- I couldnt even imagine still being pregnant. Our babies are now 5 weeks old and are changing everyday. We never got an answer on if they are identical but we are starting to think that Noah and Nicholas may be since they look more alike. Nathan looks more like his daddy and Noah and Nicholas look more like Alex and Mommy. Nathan is our big eater and grower-he is the biggest of the 3 and you can tell who he is just by looking at him. He likes to sleep and I think he will be the first to sleep throught the night-the only time he really fusses is when he is hungry. Noah is our laid back baby-he is pretty content just laying around looking at the mobile or the lights above him-he will often stay awake for long periods of time and be happy as can be. He was our slow eater at first but now he has no problems. Nicholas is our little one-he is the smallest but has the most personality. He always has a different look on his face-he is so fun to watch. Nicholas usually needs the most attention and loves to be cuddled and held.
The past couple of weeks have been really hard-after only one week of being home with my babies I ended up in the hospital-I will post more about that later. While I was gone I was so miserable, I missed my babies like crazy! My mom and my sister took care of the boys all week while I was away and we had a cpl other helpers stop by-including Clydes mom and sister. My mom did a good job of caring for my litttle ones and she did a great job of keeping them on schedule for me for when I got home. My time away also gave grandma her time to bond and she was so happy. Unfortuantly we had to stop pumping breastmilk while I was in the hospital so our time with Mommys milk had to come to an end. This part was also really hard on me but i am happy that they got almost a month of breastmilk-its definatly better then none.
Mommy and daddy are adjusting well to having 5 kids instead of 2. Its hard on daddy having to work both jobs and trying to sleep and help out at home but he is managing well. Im finally starting to feel more like myself again-I am really tired and the lack of sleep is horrible but its worth it. I cant wait until summer though so that we can get out a little more. Kierra is doing a good job at helping with her brothers-she loves to feed them and is learning to chenge their tiny diapers and Big Brother Alex is still trying to figure out whats going on. He is always pointing at the babies and saying Baby Baby Baby-he also touches their noses and says nose. He is very gentle with them and I think he is doing a great job of adjusting to them being here.
Well I think thats about all I have for an update as of now-hopefully Ill be able to update again soon so that this isnt so long. Hope everyone is doing well !

No comments:

Post a Comment